• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law Firm - false information?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rainne

(from Massachusetts) I had a worker's comp situation, so I went to a law firm for guidance. I simply wanted someone to give me advice and be there for me in case I needed to take it to court. Upon meeting with one of their "people", I was told that I wasn't going to have to pay anything. I specifically said I only wanted someone to back me up and that I didn't want to have to pay for anything. Since he said I wouldn't, I singed up with them. They sent me to two dr.s appts, and the case is no longer an issue (about 4 years old), so I wanted to close it. They said I owe them over $500 because I didn't tell the doctor that I didn't want therapy even though he said I needed it. I wasn't told that I had to do this. They said I have to be "end resulted", so I have to go to another doctor and tell him I don't want therapy, costing another $175. I was never informed that I was supposed to be responsible for this, they never told me I would ever have to pay for anything (it was to the contrary, as stated above). Then, after recently reviewing one of the documents I signed, I read a paragraph stating that I must reimburse the law firm for dr.s visits, (etc. expenses) if I receive money. So, in order to close my case, they want me to go to another doctor then pay them about $700. I haven't received any money and don't plan to take this to court, so is it legal for them to require me to pay them this money even though I was told otherwise and am not receiving money? When I asked the guy from the firm if it was legal, he said he didn't know (I have yet to actually speak to a lawyer at this place). I don't want to get another lawyer because I don't want to go through this anymore. I could REALLY use some advice. Thanks, in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">