• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spuppy2

I was recently fired after taking FMLA leave for a difficult pregnancy. Upon my return I was given employee conference reports weekly, for frivolous things. I also did not recieve my paycheck when I normally should have, causing many of my checks to bounce. I didn't get a check till a week later. I called HR to complain and think I was fired because of this. I was also passed over for a promotion on two seperate occasions, one a week before my going on leave. I found out that my boss wrote in my personel file that I was in a mental hospital a couple years ago for an evaluation. Is this discrimination? What should I do?????

B

buddy2bear

Read through the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1974, as amended, and then file a charge with the EEOC with a cross-filing with your State's Human Rights Division.

B

buddy2bear

P.S.: Also have the EEOC check the box marked "retaliation."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">