• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fleeing for life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stumpsbmwm3

Ohio.

Two Saturdays back I was approaching a light. The light turned yellow and I stopped so that I would not run it. The car behind me had to stop in a hurry as they thought I would go through. The driver became angry and pulled really close to my rear bumper.

When the light turned green, I departed and the car behind stayed on my bumper through a turn onto a highway and down the entrance ramp. I pulled behind a car that was in fromt of me to allow the behind car to pass, and they pulled behind me.

I sped up and passed the car in front and preceeded to speed up to avoid confrontation or just plain to avoid the car behind. When I passed a cop he pulled out and pulled me over and said I was doing 80 in a 60 mile zone. I told him didn't you see the car behind me right on my bumper and he said no, and gave me the ticket.

What can I do?:confused: :confused:

CdwJava

Well, you can take the citation to court and make the same argument before a judge and see if he buys it as a valid defense.

If your state permits traffic school, you might consider that option.

- Carl

Stumpsbmwm3

I knew the person was angry because he started cussing and saying this mf didn't go through the light to the other person in the car. He started shouting out some words.

The total distance from light to stop was less than from one exit on 480 to the next; approx 1 mile. I didn't have time to call 911 and I drive a manual trans.

I could not pull in behind the police because he was on another access road hiding behind a bridge embankment.

Had he been on the road I would have pulled in behind him and got his attention.

Stumpsbmwm3

items that were not addressed:

The car behind me was on my bumper until we emerged onto the actual highway 480.

I went to the right, he to the left. I don't know if he decided to stop chasing. or he saw the cop and stopped. Once he got off my bumper, and got into another lane-- I slowed down.

CdwJava

At this point, you can either choose traffic school (if eligible in your state) or you can explain it to a judge and hope he buys it. Even if true, it is a story that is heard A LOT! The mystery pursuer ... the mystery dog/cat/deer/possum in the road ... ad nauseum.

- Carl

seven53

Ohio does indeed have traffic school.

If you have two to 11 points on your license, you are eligible to take a remedial driving course approved by the Department of Public Safety, where you will receive a two-point credit.

However, completing this course does not mean that two points will be taken off your license. Instead, it means that your license will be suspended if you reach 14 points, not 12. You can take this course up to five times, but no more than once every three years.

Go to http://www.dps.state.oh.us/drivingschools/ for more info.

BTW....Which court were you summonsed to? I run 480.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">