• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bureau Of Collection Recovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfireonly

What is the name of your state? TX

I would like to find a class action lawyer to go against the BUREAU OF COLLECTION RECOVERY, 7575 Corporate Way, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344 for harassment. I have been to other sites and read the complaints and its about the same all the way around some of them owe money and some don't but we all have the same problem Harassment. Phone calls from Sunday to Saturday 2 or more calls a day. I counted as high as 6 or more in one day. You answer the phone and wait till they pick up or they might not pick up at all. I have some of the numbers to list and as more people fill in to this site I'm sure they will have others. I have to go back to my call logs to find more. I counted with and with out the 1 in front of the number list here just from March 8th 2007 to yesterday 175 calls. 202-607-2806 next 202-607-2749. I know they have more and I will edit this post as I find them in the log. If the collection can be removed or the harassment stopped we all can live with it. I would like to see them sued as well for the harassment and time away from other thing we might of been doing.

This is way out of hand and they need to be put to a stop. If any lawyer can help we would deeply appreciate it.

Any legal information as well would help even if it cant get it to a lawsuit.

Last edited:

eles3d

How can we get these guys back for driving us nuts?

:mad: I total argree with you...They told me I owed fifty something dollors froma prior balance from Cingular. I asked for what they told me for switching numbers. Now that was in 2005 (telling them this) after the Hurricane. I told him I was told that Cingular was waiving all fees conected to Hurricane "Surviers" to help them get in touch with people (as the 504 area code was not good for a while). He told me they must have lied...? So I told him that my bill is not due untill the 6th of June and I may be late sometimes but I was never informed of being in collections with Cingular...I told him I was going to call Cingular and check on it...He told me that fine but I will still need to pay to get this off my recode.
I called Cingular and they told me I only owe my bill...I then called my boyfriend (whos number was changed) to tell him to take care of it for me b/c I work Mon-Fir 9-530 and have many other things going on right now. Well he called me back (my b/f) and appaently we own NOTHING to cingular they never even send info to any agency...well anyway I will definatly go to the site and be part of the solution...:mad:

kerryok5

Inclusion in suit

Please add me to this class action suit. BCR calls every two hours beginning at 6:59 AM until 9:00 PM. This has to be considered harassment.

saygon1

Bureau ofCollections and Recovery

What is the name of your state? TX

I would like to find a class action lawyer to go against the BUREAU OF COLLECTION RECOVERY, 7575 Corporate Way, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55344 for harassment. I have been to other sites and read the complaints and its about the same all the way around some of them owe money and some don't but we all have the same problem Harassment. Phone calls from Sunday to Saturday 2 or more calls a day. I counted as high as 6 or more in one day. You answer the phone and wait till they pick up or they might not pick up at all. I have some of the numbers to list and as more people fill in to this site I'm sure they will have others. I have to go back to my call logs to find more. I counted with and with out the 1 in front of the number list here just from March 8th 2007 to yesterday 175 calls. 202-607-2806 next 202-607-2749. I know they have more and I will edit this post as I find them in the log. If the collection can be removed or the harassment stopped we all can live with it. I would like to see them sued as well for the harassment and time away from other thing we might of been doing.

This is way out of hand and they need to be put to a stop. If any lawyer can help we would deeply appreciate it.

Any legal information as well would help even if it cant get it to a lawsuit.
Hi I am from Alaska and my wife got this call as well. To bad she paid it off before I came home from work. I would have told her that all the bills were paid. If you do find an attorney count me in. My bank is also going after them. We did get the money back from the bank, still how many out there will not go the extra leg.

michelleh_mn

bcr collection in minnesota

I am not sure how to handle this company, BCR Collections. The numbers (202)607-2806 and (800)831-7311 began showing up on our caller id at the beginning of July. When we would answer the phone there was no one on the other end. Finally today there was someone on the other end. He had called at 9:37, 9:42, and I spoke to this man at 9:43. As soon as I was able to speak to him I told him to stop calling assuming he was a telemarketer. He sounded aggressive and verified who I was then preceeded to tell me I owed him money for a past due cell phone bill. I told him that I wanted to settle it with the cell phone company. He said that I couldn't. Then I told him that he needed to send me something in the mail. He became more upset and stated that he had already sent numerous letters. I told him that that wasn't possible and that I have not recieved anything from this company. He put me on hold then said that maybe I hadn't recieved them yet. I told him that he called three times in 10 minutes and that it was on the verge of harrassment. He said he could call my house as many times as he wanted if no one answered and evry 3 days if he spoke to someone. He kept telling me to make payment arrangements. I told him I didn't want to do that until I saw something in writing. He said that that didn't matter that I owed this bill and I needed to make payment arrangements. I take full responsibility for that cell phone bill and I will pay the cell phone company what I owe them. I pay the bills I owe and I've fallen behind due to things beyond my control that I was not financially prepared for. I will admit responsibility, but why are these people calling and yelling at me, it isn't going to get the debt paid any faster, if anything I have a harder time focusing on putting things back on track because I am continuously being called by these people. I already feel like crap because I couldn't afford to pay that bill, and it's frustrating when you feel like these people are on top of you squeezing you for funds that aren't there.

esther

Bcr

I would like to be added as well to this class action sut. I have been receiving countless calls from this company and barely today I linked the #'s together 800-831-7311 and 202-607-2731,2732, and 2733, to this company BCR. I have answered this number numerous times and when I do speak with someone they ask for a person that does not live here nor that I know. Then when I proceed to request that they remove my telephone # from their records they state quote" I'll make note of that" and then continue to call the following day. I have requested to speak with a supervisor and am denied so. Then they will hang up on me. I would really appreciate if they would just stop calling. This is just very inconviencing to my famiy to have to go thru this over and over again in explanation to them...Some action needs to be taken They obviously don't listen when you tell them something.:mad:

evilblackspider

Lawsuit!

I want to be counted in on this lawsuit. BCR called me five times today. They also have called me at least 30 times, collectively, over the past week or so. They never leave a message, and if I call them back, I get a recording. Have to go through the menu, and no human person ever answers! I haven't done anything! I don't owe anyone any money! I couldn't imagine any kind of debt warranting this kind of harassment either.

In doing research on BCR (and you can't find much, except good stuff about them from WAMU or the Wall Street Journal), I found in another forum where someone said something about people's rights. I agree. This harassment tramples everyone's rights, and should be stopped. If they aren't shut down completely, I at least want them to just LEAVE ME ALONE! https://forum.freeadvice.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
:mad:

paula61

Shut the numbers down.

There is a way to block any numbers on your land line phone. Contact your phone company or look up your phone company's website and see if they have instructions on how to block numbers. We have blocked four numbers so far attached to BCR Collection Agency. They are trying to say we owe $35 to Cingular. We haven't been with Cingular in years. Furthermore, I told them I do not make payment arrangements over the phone and to have Cingular send me a bill so that if it is legitimate I can pay it. They tried to tell me they have sent bills in the mail but I have received nothing in writing. This is a scam! I will continue to block their numbers until they run out of numbers.
Paula 61

paula61

Complain to FTC about BCR

Any of you who are having harassing phone calls from BCR, go the FTC website and fill out a complaint form. They will put the information into a database and if enough people complain, they will investigate and go after BCR.
Paula 61

uofufan3431

B.c.r.(202-607-2746)

I have been receiving calls from them for 2-3 weeks. I have found out too, that they use cell phones based out of Wash., DC. This seems very odd. Besides the fact that 1) I already made payment arrangements with the company I owe. 2) They won't acknowledge the amount of the payments nor will THEY (BCR) accept them. I always feel better paying off my debts to the people I owe. This place creeps me out. They are calling my work, my cell, and now my wife's work. When I told them not to call our places of business, I was told to pay my bills. They are very rude, and I do not trust them.https://forum.freeadvice.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
:eek:

CavemanLawyer

This is probably not a criminal matter. There is a federal law that governs the collection of debts by debt collection agencies and then every state has its own laws on the matter. The laws of any given state may provide more or less protection for the individual than the federal law. To the original poster, here is Texas' law:
http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/FI/content/htm/fi.005.00.000392.00.htm

Just because these agencies call repeatedly, or because they annoy you does NOT mean they are doing anything illegal or improper. That is the whole point of a collection agency, to bug you about your debt until you pay it. But, they must play by the rules of your state and if they do not than you can sue for damages under the federal, or your state's, debt collection practices act. As long as they do follow the rules, and as long as the debt is valid and overdue, than they are free to keep calling you until you pay your debt.

If you do not believe you owe the debt or believe that the amount is incorrect than the laws of virtually every (all?) state require that you inform them in writing of your dispute of the amount. The agency then has a certain time period within which they must respond in writing informing you that they are mistaken and will no longer call, or that they have a valid claim and will continue their calls.

There are limits on when and where and how many times they can call you but its not actionable just because they annoy or harass you unless they act with the intent to annoy or harass you.

Look up the laws of your state and see what you need to do to make the calls stop. Its almost always going to start with a letter to the company. If the claim is indeed valid and overdue, than you just need to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">