• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Information Quick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdbooth

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
Here's the situation...my husband along with a close family friend are co-conservators and co-guardians for both his father and step-mother. They live in MN and soon the close family friend will be stepping down from being a conservator and guardian due to health reasons. This leaves my husband on the line for fulfilling the responsibilities, however, we live almost 180 miles away and he works full-time. Both parents require constant attention for medical reasons and for alcholism. We need to find a new conservator and guardian located closer to their location but since they are on county medical assistance we are having difficulty finding someone willing. This is because they can't charge their normal rates due to the assistance. My husband thinks that if we can't find someone, he'll have to place them into assisted living because of our work schedules and long distance commute. But we also need to look at the fact that they are both alcholics and will need to find treatment for them. What do we do? Never done this before and have very little information on what we can and cannot do. Please help. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">