• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alteria motive Custody!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zach91

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
Recently I filed for custody of my two children since then I have been charge with three counts of stalking, domestic violence and with a seperate individual simple assault. In city court I was found guilty on two stalking charges. I have appealed and was found not guilty on the first and have since filed a motion to dismiss the second. It took 6 women less than 10 minutes to find me not guilty. My question is this is there anything unlawful about a person filing charges concerning a so called physical altercation ( I supposably pushed her and she twisted her ankle) when the real reason was that she was trying to get me put on prohbation so I would not have an advantage on the mother to my children? In court my 1st question to the so called affiant was "Isn't the real reason we are here today is because you are trying to help @#$%^ in her custody battle with me?" Answer: Exactly, Exactly. These women have been conspiring and using the court system to try and cause me as much agony as possible and force me to spend thousands of dollars in my defense. Any comments would be appreciated.

TWWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Bretagne

Yep, happens all the time that trumped-up or just plain false allegations of abuse are made as a strategic maneuver in a custody case. You don't have much recourse unless you can PROVE that her allegations were false (like if she admitted she lied; not just that you were found not-guilty at trial). Basically, the prosecutor isn't going to want to deal with it. However, if you can show that she provided false information and made false allegations of domestic abuse in order to alienate your parental affection with your children, the civil court handling your custody matter will not be impressed with her.

Sorry, but your situation is fairly typical.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">