• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miminaka

What is the name of your state? Calif. My boy friend who is an ex felon was pulled over for a traffic violation, his lic. was suspended, the officer ran his id and said it came back with a warrant from fla on a probation viol. case that is over 21 years old. The officer searched the car and found my registered gun. The weapon was behind the passenger seat, I was not in the car at the time. He is going pro per and wants me to testify that I put the gun in the car while it was parked in my garage and that I forgot to remove it before letting him use my car. What are the chances of him beating his charge of ex felon with a hand gun and am I liable in any way. Can they turn around and charge me with anything after testifying? The prelim is on June 18th and does he have to go before a magistrate on the charge from Fla. since this was one of the reasons for the arrest which occured on April 24th.

CdwJava

So ... he wants you to testify that you put a loaded handgun into the car behind the seat, just for grins and giggles? Is ANY of that TRUE?

Yes, you can get in trouble ... you can get in trouble for perjury if this is not true, you can get in trouble for possessing a loaded handgun in a vehicle, and there may be additional offenses you can be charged with.

Before you essentially agree to confess to a crime of your own so that Mr. Wonderful can pin the rap on you, I would strongly recommend you consult an attorney of your own.

If he's going 'pro per' he's almost certain to go down, anyway, you don't want to go with him.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">