• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Injustice of the Statute of Limitations Regarding Childhood Sexual Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BonnieLovre

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I can't post the story of my abuse as it is 5000 character too long. Shortening it would make my story lose its impact and meaning.

I am attempting to petition the legislature to abolish the Statute of Limitations regarding childhood sexual abuse in my state.

Due to this law, both my perpetrators walk around free today. Justice will never be mine. I want to ensure I have done all I can so that future women who will take longer than the statute of limitation allows, to find the courage to make their perpetrators accountable, will never be denied their day in court.

What is the most effective way to do this? Should I set up a table in front of a grocery store? Should I go door to door? How do I make this petition? Is there special wording that I need to be mindful of? I've already sent my story to every member in the House of Representatives. How many signatures do I need to obtain before they will listen?

My story is available to anyone who wishes to read it. Be warned it is graphic, blunt, and brutal. I want the reader to fully understand what my life has been like and how unfair this law is to victims of abuse.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">