• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expunged DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wildlife9000

What is the name of your state? California
I entered nolo contendre for DUI in 2002, since then, it was expunged:
(From docket:)
02162005 2 Request For Expungement is granted.
02162005 3 In accordance with the provision of section 1203.4 of the Penal Code, the verdict, or plea of guilty or nolo heretofore rendered or made, is set aside and a plea of not guilty is entered and the case is dismissed.
02162005 4 Copy of expungement ordersent to defendant.
02162005 5 Subsequent action dispostion information sent to DOJ
02162005 6 Expungement documentssent to Records to be attached to file.
02252005 1 Expungement abstracted over to DMV
Does this mean it is "sealed" or do I still have to put it when asked "Have you ever been convicted for a misdemenor?" I guess I am asking, if California sealed this will it still come up when searched by another state agency? Also, since I can still search for it with my driver licnese in the court's website that expunged it, wouldn't that indicate that state agencies can also find it? THank you for all the replies.

CdwJava

It is not "sealed" and can be found by government agencies doing a search of your criminal history (provided they have access). Private employers cannot access it through the state, but local courts CAN still have some info.

It is usually best to do this with the aid of an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">