• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a conviction be turned over years later?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

d21r21

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

In 1998 I plead guilty to false impersonation in Oklahoma. I was under the assumption that I had no other recourse. Today I am wondering if I really would have been found guilty of false impersonation. I was arrested for DUI one night when I was out with some friends. The police pulled us over and when he questioned me, I told the officer a false name. I also gave him my ID. He later charged me with False Impersonation and I thought since all I did was give a fake name that I was guilty of the crime. I wonder now that since I only verbally gave a different name, that maybe it wouldn't fall under the false personation law. Would I have a case to overturn the guilty conviction and would I be able to have the conviction turned over after so many years?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

In 1998 I plead guilty to false impersonation in Oklahoma. I was under the assumption that I had no other recourse. Today I am wondering if I really would have been found guilty of false impersonation. I was arrested for DUI one night when I was out with some friends. The police pulled us over and when he questioned me, I told the officer a false name. I also gave him my ID. He later charged me with False Impersonation and I thought since all I did was give a fake name that I was guilty of the crime. I wonder now that since I only verbally gave a different name, that maybe it wouldn't fall under the false personation law. Would I have a case to overturn the guilty conviction and would I be able to have the conviction turned over after so many years?
#1...You gave a false name to the police officer, That would be "False Impersonation".

#2...You plead guilty...You can't go back years later and try and change it. Changing your mind is not grounds for appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">