• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI FTA in California how do i resolve this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macboy

What is the name of your state? CA

About 5 years ago i got a DUI on Holloween, I was in the process of moving out of the country a few weeks later which i did and simply failed to take care of this problem. Well now i'm back in the country and really need to resolve this before i get pulled over driving.

I'm sure there is a failure to appear there as well as my suspended liscence.

Is there any way i can resolve this without appearing in the court (Bay Area) because i now live in LA?

Can i just pay a lawyer to appear and pay some hefty fine to make this all go away and get my license back?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? CA

About 5 years ago i got a DUI on Holloween, I was in the process of moving out of the country a few weeks later which i did and simply failed to take care of this problem. Well now i'm back in the country and really need to resolve this before i get pulled over driving.

I'm sure there is a failure to appear there as well as my suspended liscence.

Is there any way i can resolve this without appearing in the court (Bay Area) because i now live in LA?

Can i just pay a lawyer to appear and pay some hefty fine to make this all go away and get my license back?

No...You need to consult with an attorney. There is a VERY VERY good chance there is a warrant out for your arrest. If you are questioned for any reason by the police and they run a warrant check on you, you will be arrested and kept until SFPD come to take you to their jurisdiction.
This was a really stupid thing to do, and you have made things much much worse for yourself by leaving the country.
Get a lawyer.

pp2006

You need help. Consult an Attorney

You mean, you didn't even go to any court date?

I bet, there is a warrant out for you. Don't panic but get a good attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">