• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment With Petty Theft Infraction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmrose

What is the name of your state? ca

im a green card holder. few months ago i had charged with petty theft misdemeanor in shoplifting case in CA.no prior criminal records. now the charges are dropped down to petty theft INFRACTION(490.1 penal code).

-I am in software field looking for a fulltime job in private companies. I want to know how does this affect my future employment options.
-how should I present myself/respond with respect to this incident.
-will they come to know actual incident details (like where it happened, worth of items
,how they observed and caught me etc).since I am feeling shame and guilty abt the incident, can I tell the employer a different story(like less worth of items($4~$6) involved even though actual amount involved is $32 ).will I get into more problems by doing this.
-suppose they don’t offer me the job will they inform my current employer?

I never did this before and I am sure that I am not going to repeat this again, but this is really an unfortunate incident I am involved in and I don’t want to spoil my career due to this…it would be greatly useful if anyone of u suggest me over this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">