• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I press the issue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melissa Dawdy

I left a multi-million dollar company in December... Family Video. I was employed by the company as a manager in one of their stores, as a manager I worked closely with a District Manager whom I feel was not only sexually harrasing but also discriminating when we hired employees. Before an audit I as well as the rest of my female staff was told to dress in skimpy clothes to keep the auditor "sidetracked" We were told he liked short, revealing clothing!!!!

When my District Manager would see a petite blonde either coming in the store or checking out he would tell me "We need to hire her!" I had 2 particular employees (female) that he really made comments about. Telling me he'd like to give them something!!!!

I had a potential management candidate come in, interview & take a test. The did well on the test and had 6 years management experience so I scheduled her a second interview with my DM. After her interview he came out of the office I began to discuss her with him. He said "she's really nice and friendly but I'm just not sold on her. She's kind of big and that's not the image we want in our stores!!!" Needless to say she didnt get the job. The poor girl only weighed about 150 pounds. This I might add was not the first nor the last time he weight discriminated someone.If you lined up 100 girls that work for this company out of all of them I can guarantee you would notice a trend going. I am sick the way this "company" operates they have over 200 stores in Missouri, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, and Indiana. I really feel something needs to be done the way they hire (or don't hire)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">