• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Its time to adress my legal Issues.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cstevensnj

New Jersey

First time DWI
Careless or reckless driving ticket
Excessive speed (120 in a 55mph/Rt 15 Jefferson)
Driving while suspended (for insurance or too many points, can't remember, did not know till this incident)

A couple more tickets (7 in total) but the above violations are the worst of it.

Have several warnings in my file, a few points prior to this incident for speeding...

PLUS
I went to the initial court date, the judge told me I needed a lawyer so plead not guilty and never looked back.

I did however, get my abstract, pay those surcharges that I was suspended for initialy and pay off what I could via the internet last year. The total amout paid on my own: about $500-$700. I have all those reciepts and my abstract. I also have the original tickets and court papers.

One last thing:
Ask me what happened in PA shortly after the DWI/speeding b/c it may affect my case.

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Bretagne

OK, I'll bite. What happened after the incident? I doubt there will be any effect on your case.

"Not looking back" was a big mistake because I'm sure you have a warrant out so better turn yourself in.

If you're valid now, and plead to the DWI, they might drop the other charges. You'll be suspended because of the DWI and risk getting suspended for a longer time on the serious speeding charge and the driving after suspension charge if you plead to those as well.

danno6925

About that signature...

This is, quite possibly, the worst advice I have ever seen on this forum. Advising someone to commit murder is generally frowned upon here.
The post that sparked the comment in your signature was the result of one too many vodka tonics at lunch with my boss, BTW. Anyhow, I'z just funnin' with him.

Glad I dodged a PW that day...
...Posting while intoxicated!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">