• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

every1sbuddy

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I have a question, a police called my cellphone and I have been away for 2 1/2 weeks. They never specified what the intent the call was for but I believe it is for questioning. I have no idea what it is for but I still rather not call them back. I have never been convicted for anything in my life and I read that I dont have to answer to any of them until I get a lawyer. I have no lawyer yet, but I was wondering that since its been more than 2 weeks and I still have not heard from them, does that mean they dont have to question me anymore? I honestly do not plan on even calling them back.. is it possible for them to arrest me by not responding to their calls?

Last edited:

???

You don't even know what call is about by your own statement. How can we answer? Unless of course ther eis something you have failed to mention!

every1sbuddy

well.. honestly I have done some things that I regret.. but I havent been convicted or been in jail before, Im just wondering if it is possible that the police can arrest me for not responding to their calls

Also, it has been 2 weeks since the call was made. From what I seem to know, there has been no further attempts to contact me. They have not contacted any of my friends or family memebers and I was wondering if it is possible they dont need to question me?

Last edited:
Please pay atention!

We do not know why they called!? We cannot answer your question! If its that important they will either call back or knock on your door.

every1sbuddy

Well I have looked up their number and it is to the District Commander Station, what is the District Commander Station? Is it just a fancy term for police station?

every1sbuddy

Also hypothetically, say if one of the things I regretted was a result of them to question me.. is it not possible for them to arrest a person for not answering thier phone call?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Well, OP, since you're currently viewing the "Indictment for Trafficking in Cocaine" thread I'm guessing you've been selling drugs and you think that may be why they're calling.

You ask if it is possible for them to arrest you for not calling them back. Somebody else may want to check the Maryland statutes, but I'm betting "not returning phone calls" isn't a crime in that state. I'm also betting that being a drug dealer is, so if you're under investigation for that a phone call is the least of your problems. Besides, they're not going to arrest you over the phone.

If you call them back you'll know what's going on. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping it all goes away probably isn't going to work out very well for you.

BoredAtty

No, you cannot be arrested for failing to return a phone call to the police, even if you have done things that you regret.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">