• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1,000 forgeries past the Statute of Limitations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazibutrue

What is the name of your state? Washington
I have in my possession just over 1,000 forgeries committed by one man, a member of a mortgage fraud ring. This "Sweetheart Swindler" was fool enough to have hidden this evidence in a garage on property he had conned me in to signing in my name by promising to make the mortgage payments. I have since alerted the Washington State Attorney General who I can only hope is investigating and will soon bring these criminals to justice. Of course I have no way of knowing if this is the case because the State will not indulge any details to a mere commoner such as myself. Unfortunately 990 of these forgeries are past the Statute of Limitations. Is there any chance these forgeries will still count in this case? The man resided and operated his place of business in Oregon State and the property transactions this man conducted were in Washington State. Is there a possibility crossing state lines to commit these crimes allow these forgery counts to be exempt from the Statute of Limitations? Forgive my ignorance in these matters.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? Washington
I have in my possession just over 1,000 forgeries committed by one man, a member of a mortgage fraud ring. This "Sweetheart Swindler" was fool enough to have hidden this evidence in a garage on property he had conned me in to signing in my name by promising to make the mortgage payments. I have since alerted the Washington State Attorney General who I can only hope is investigating and will soon bring these criminals to justice. Of course I have no way of knowing if this is the case because the State will not indulge any details to a mere commoner such as myself. Unfortunately 990 of these forgeries are past the Statute of Limitations. Is there any chance these forgeries will still count in this case? The man resided and operated his place of business in Oregon State and the property transactions this man conducted were in Washington State. Is there a possibility crossing state lines to commit these crimes allow these forgery counts to be exempt from the Statute of Limitations? Forgive my ignorance in these matters.
Every state I am sure handle things like this differently but the feds can stop the statute of limitations clock if elements of a crime continue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">