• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need more info on NJ Temp Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhoKnows234

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have looked into NJ Temporary disability insurance and am trying to figure out anyway that I can get it. Im a federal government employee and I do not have a private plan. I looked at the state application and it states that I must put my past employers from the past 18 months. Now I have only be a government employee for a year, so if I put the other 2 jobs I worked at that I did pay into state disability insurance on my application are they considered for eligibility? Will I be able to get at least some benefits since I worked these 2 other jobs last year? :eek: Any help is appreciated.

byrd42

The requirements are the you must have worked at least 20 calendar weeks in the state of New Jersey.

WhoKnows234

The requirements are the you must have worked at least 20 calendar weeks in the state of New Jersey.

That is not the only requirement because I am currently a federal employee and have been told that I am not eligibile for NJ Temp Disability. So that does not answer my question.

WhoKnows234

Your question:
Your answer:
Once again that doesnt answer my question because I asked if I am asked for my past employers from the past 18 months do those qualify me to recieve disability since I paid into it when I worked there? Even though I am a government employee now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">