• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soccer Mom buys Xanax in TJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annabelle123

CA

I was arrested, booked and charged with 23152 and 11550 and posted bail. My first court date is in early July.

I was arrested at the border checkpoint. I'm a 40+ mom with no priors.

I had a blood test taken and field sobriety tests. The blood test will most likely show that my level of xanax was higher than my prescription allowed.

In addition, in my car were several other american and mexican prescriptions for controlled substances. I declared the controlled substances that I had purchased and admitted to taking too much xanax that day. I may also have admitted that I have a sedative problem and had been purchasing controlled substances in Mexico. I gave the officer a list of five psychotropic drugs that I legally have prescriptions for and regularly take in the US.

My car was stored, but I got it back the next day. In the car were all of the controlled substances that I had with me at the time of arrest. My license was not suspended.

I need advice on whether or not to hire an attorney, and what the legal ramifications could be. I want to look down the road as to future employment and volunteer positions in deciding what to do. I'm willing to take punishment, I just want to explore what the best options would be for my family and future life.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

garrula lingua

Hire an atty.

The 11550 carries a mandatory 90 days county jail, as well as probation. Technically, you don't qualify for DEJ when the 11550 is coupled with a DUI.

Your DUI consequences will be separate from the drug conviction.

Hire an atty.

Shay-Pari'e

You need to seriously talk with your psych doc and let them know that you are taking more than prescribed.

You really hit bottom on this one, and you need further treatment. Do you realize you could have been asleep at the wheel and taken out a family of 6 in a Mini Van?

Shay-Pari'e

CA

I was arrested, booked and charged with 23152 and 11550 and posted bail. My first court date is in early July.

I was arrested at the border checkpoint. I'm a 40+ mom with no priors.

I had a blood test taken and field sobriety tests. The blood test will most likely show that my level of xanax was higher than my prescription allowed.

In addition, in my car were several other american and mexican prescriptions for controlled substances. I declared the controlled substances that I had purchased and admitted to taking too much xanax that day. I may also have admitted that I have a sedative problem and had been purchasing controlled substances in Mexico. I gave the officer a list of five psychotropic drugs that I legally have prescriptions for and regularly take in the US.

My car was stored, but I got it back the next day. In the car were all of the controlled substances that I had with me at the time of arrest. My license was not suspended.

I need advice on whether or not to hire an attorney, and what the legal ramifications could be. I want to look down the road as to future employment and volunteer positions in deciding what to do. I'm willing to take punishment, I just want to explore what the best options would be for my family and future life.What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

So unfortunate for the rest of the population.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">