• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any way to get license back quicker?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crapcrapcrap

What is the name of your state? Ga

I received a second dui w/in 5 years and it's a mandatory 1 year suspension in Ga.

Question: Is there any way to get it back quicker?

I've completed community service/dui school/17 week school/and paid all of my fines. I know I have to get an ignition interlock after the 1 year hard suspension, but wasn't sure if there was a way to get it after 6 months with an interlock installed, etc.

Thank you....

FlyingRon

If there was... would they refer to the suspension as "mandatory"?

Have you checked with the Georgia DMV about whether a hardship, restricted, or occupational driver's license is available?
The 12 month IS the eligibility for the hardship license. The mandatory suspension is really THREE years, but after 12 months of HARD suspension you can get the limited privs and after 18 months you can apply for full privs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">