• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undesignated Conviction Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BMH

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Several years ago (I was 18) I was convicted of "theft of a credit card obtained by fraudulent means". I entered into a plea agreement and the offense was undesignated until successful completion of my probation and then it was to be designated a misdemeanor. My question is...
Have I lost the right to own/possess a firearm in Arizona? Or any state for that matter based on this conviction?

I am filling out an application to "Vacate Judgment of Guilt and Dismiss Charges" and there is a separate application for "Restoring Gun Rights". I need to know if I need to fill them both out .

Thanks in advance,
Brian

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Several years ago (I was 18) I was convicted of "theft of a credit card obtained by fraudulent means". I entered into a plea agreement and the offense was undesignated until successful completion of my probation and then it was to be designated a misdemeanor.
Well, did you sucessfully complete the probation?

BMH

Yes

Absolutely. And I have a document designating the offense a misdemeanor. However I don't know if my rights were stripped prior to the offense being designated a misdemeanor. I haven't found much information on the internet about undesignated offenses.

FlyingRon

Nope, as far as anything is concerned you were convicted of a misdemeanor. Essentially, they don't write down the classification until you either complete the probation sucessfully or do something to violate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">