• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgently need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice1111

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My ex-boyfriend and I had an account together and I was transferring funds into our joint account from his personal account without his knowledge. He ended up finding out after a year. I know I shouldn't have done it but I used the vast majority of it to help pay rent and utilities. What happened was I set up our joint account online (with the check he gave me from his personal account to do so) and I ended up linking the accounts. I was able to transfer money into our joint account which he didn't know about and I didn't at first. Anyway to make a long story short, it turned out to be $13k over a year. He found out and gave me 3 months to come up with the money to give back to him or he was going to press charges against me. Well, I was unable to come up with it (let's be realistic here, who can come up with that amount of money??) We did live together by the way, but he moved out when he found out about this in September. Anyway, he ended up drafting up a promissory note with his attorney and we both signed it and had it notarized. In the promissory note it says that if I am late on payments that there is a late payment fee but if I default on 2 or more payments then he can have it withdrawn from my check. Well, I missed one payment back in March and I am late on May. It is supposed to be deposited in his account by the last Friday of each month. (he has a separate account set up for me to deposit in and I keep the receipts). I e-mailed him to let him know that I am not defaulting on this payment and that I will have it in his account by Wednesday. I just need to get to the bank. HE is now threatening to go to the police and press charges against me. Can he do this whereas we already have an agreement between us and I haven't really defaulted on it? Not only that but I did let him know that I am going to deposit. I know that I am late, but I'm not defaulting. I've told him a million times that I can't deposit on Friday and that it needs to be on SAturday, so I am trying to deposit before it is due, but it's not that easy. So, by being not even 24 hours late, he is charging me late fees and saying that I am always late on my payments or miss them. I've missed one payment which I shouldn't have done, but I didn't do it intentionally. The only reason I am late on this payment is because I just had to pay a fortune to get my car fixed. What can I do??? HELP please!! I'm really stressed out and I am trying. PLEASE give me some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">