• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employee picture

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackk

I work in ohio on a psychiatric locked unit. One of the
patients claimed to have been touched by one of employees.
At the time of the touching i was not working yet, or if it happened later that night i was not on that unit. Five
male employees pictures were shown to the woman. The nurse
managers picture was not shown. This woman is a paranoid
schizophrenic.Can my employer show her my picture and if
it happens again is there any way that i can stop this in
the future. I really dont want my picture shown to mental
patients in the future. thanks

S

squirrel_b8

Hmm

This struck a chord with me. #1. If there was a situation the managers of the "unit" and "hospital" need to hold some kind of meeting regarding this. Maybe there is more to the story - such as- maybe the patient was agitated and someone tried to help calm her down and in the process may have inadvertantly touched them in a off limits place. #2. If you had any dealings with that unit at all that night then I feel that it is important to include you as well as EVERYONE else in the photo viewing. #3 (just my opinion) if it bothers you to have patients seeing your photo maybe this isnt the job for you. Seeing as how these patients may be seeing you physically for hours on end.
#4. Some people may say - gee maybe this patient would have a persons name. I am also a diagnosed shizophrenic who has been hospitalized on several occasions for lengths of time (thats why this struck a chord) and for the life of me I couldnt remember half those peoples names. This was in a small private hospital so it wasnt like the staff was huge.

Also something to keep in mind - when an employee of these facilities starts to speak about this sort of thing (not wanting patients to see their pictures) those of us who do have a "psychotic" illness start to really wonder about what really is going on. Whats the deal? Type of things. - Causing even more agravation.

Just to let you all know - I have not been hospitalized for almost over a year now, am holding a very very good job, live on my own, and am very independent. I take medication and have regular therapy sessions. :)

J

jackk

To the only person who replied. I am very glad you have been
out of the hospital for year and have a job. The key is that
you must be taking your meds. As far as a name, patient con
fidentiality,is a must at the hospital I work at.I can not
say your in the unit,that you have been in the unit,that you
are a bipolar,a manic depressive ect.. The woman in question
was in the unit because she wasn't taking her meds. While in
the unit she thought there was a man with a gun in her bath
room.I have been doing this job for four years.In my position,the duties that are most important to me is patient safety,staff safety. We do not let patients in others rooms.We don't let patients fight, ect..I can not
show a patient picture to the police if they are wanted by
the law. Why should my employer be aloud to show mine to a
patient in the hospital that is not in thier right mind. I
have no problem finding out if there is really a touching that really happened. If someone was treated badly,or raped
ect. I just think it was a little early to show a picture of employees that thought thier picture was to make their
employment Id without permission. I have patients that have
been in prison,jail or are there to avoid the law.So when your employer shows your picture let me know if your in the wrong line of work. I hope you stay on your meds and good luck with your job. Thanks jackk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">