• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?Felony: loss of money and furniture paid for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkbirk

What is the name of your state? Florida
3/18/06 made a purchase agreement for a piece of furniture, paid 1/2 of the stated cost. Was verbally told that if my husband, now deseased as of 10/31/06, and I did not like want the unit once it was done, it would be taken back without hesitation and our money refunded. The unit was delivered 06/16/06. I was not completely satisfied with it. The next day, 06/17/06, my husband called the owner/craftsman and told him I did not want the unit, and wanted our full payment returned to us. The owner verbally agreed on the phone, however when he came to pick up the unit, he had a paper with him stating that he would attempt to sell the unit at home shows and IF he sold the unit for us, he would then notify us of the offer, and we would have to deal with the prospective buyer as to price and the sales tax. This was not what he had told us a number of times previously. We paid the full price he gave us, PLUS we PAID the tax on that price. He had us sign a paper indicating this under duress, as we did not agree to this. I had made up a paper stating that he picked up the unit, the cost we paid, and that we expected a full refund on the unit. He did sign it indicating that he picked it up. The unit was picked up July 6, 2006. We did not hear from him so my husband called and inquired about the progress. He was told the unit did not sell at a home show but he had a prospective buyer, who first had to sell something to then get this unit. My husband called again in October and spoke with his wife, who then said would we be interested in getting $1,000.00 a month until it was paid for. My husband conferred with me and we agreed, yes. He called back not reaching a live person, but left this message "yes" to the $1,000.00/mo on the answering machine. We have never received any money from these people, nor have they called. My husband died unexpectanly the end of October so my son in law attempted to deal with these people. They had one excuse after another and so far nothing has occured as to a refund. On March 26, 2007 I decided that since my husband wanted me to have this unit as a gift, I would take back the unit, pay the $200.00 delivery charge and at least have something for the money we spent. I sent 2 letters certified to this company, both returned, not accepted. I wrote to the BBB and FL Dept.of Consumer Services on this. Again they got no response from this man. I feel he has stolen my money/unit. He has both. I would prefer the money returned, but would take the unit back once the items that need to be adjusted to meet my needs were corrected. (The unit he made did not fit my office equipment.) He was the craftsman, he came and saw the room where this unit would go and all my office equipment was there for him to measure, but apparently he did not as my equipment did not fit properly. Please advise, what can I do? The unit cost with the tax is over $6,500.00.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">