• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed Thread / DUI Washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sma579

What is the name of your state? Washington

Not sure why my thread was closed, but I still would like some feedback if anybody has any to offer...

Repost:

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was pulled over for not having a license plate on the front of my vehicle last week, and arrested for DUI (the officer said I blew a .087 in the field).

When I was brought to the station I blew a .075 and .07 and was let go.

I got a lawyer and have spoken to him extensively about the upcoming process, but thought I would find out if anybody else has gone through a similar experience and what the outcome was. Honestly, looking back, I felt, and still feel that I had been completely responsible (I know that doesn't matter when it comes to legal issues), and really want to get through this without being convicted.

Any advice, comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

sjmjuly

Were you actually given a DUI citation, or did the officer "let you go" without the ticket because you blew below a .08?
The fact that you blew a .08 in the field can't be submitted in court. Only the reading you blew at the station is what will be used when you go before the judge.
What did your lawyer say? He/she is going to be the best source of information for your situation. I am not familar with Washington state DUI laws, but your attorney should be. Eash state is different. I worked with a guy that was pulled over in Maryland for speeding and blew a .07 in the field. The officer let him go, but followed him home to make sure he didn't run into a tree or do something else stupid.
Even though .07 is lower than .08, in some states it can be considered "DWI" - Driving while impaired. Stay in touch with your lawyer.

sjmjuly

P.S. I have also seen situations where once the court reviews the incident report, if it is believed there isn't enough there to pursue, the charges could be dropped. The arrest record is still there unless you can have it expunged, but there won't be a conviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">