• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mip nj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chromalux

What is the name of your state? nj
i was just pulled over for "failure to observe marked turning course" and recieved a ticket for that and posession of alcohol, there were 2 bottles both sealed. i don't believe that the reason i pulled over was legitamite, i also cannot find this anywhere on the internet it is statute # 39:11-1211, if i manage to get this charge dropped, would i also be able to get the possession charge dropped? and if not any advice for not getting my license suspended

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? nj
i was just pulled over for "failure to observe marked turning course" and recieved a ticket for that and posession of alcohol, there were 2 bottles both sealed. i don't believe that the reason i pulled over was legitamite, i also cannot find this anywhere on the internet it is statute # 39:11-1211, if i manage to get this charge dropped, would i also be able to get the possession charge dropped? and if not any advice for not getting my license suspended
Check your ticket for the statute again and make sure that is what it says....

chromalux

i'm pretty sure that's the statute number, the ticket is right next to me, it might be 1171 but it definitely begins with 39:11

FlyingRon

39:11 deals with motor vehicle junk. Traffic rules are in 39:4. The statute most appropriate to your description is 39:4-124. Pretty much says that if there is marked or signed path that indicates how you are to make the turn, you must follow it.

What was this, a double turn lane? If you crossed over the marked line in the turn (swinging out from the inside lane or cutting short form the outside) you are in violation.

Just getting the traffic charge dismissed won't necessarily invalidate the MIP. You have to show that the officer was unjustified in pulling you over on the initial charge (which is a tougher thing that proving your innocence).

chromalux

it was a right turn only, and i took a right into a left turn lane, what happens if this is the wrong statute number on the ticket, i can't seem to find it anywhere, i even spent time on the government website looking through statutes

FlyingRon

it was a right turn only, and i took a right into a left turn lane, what happens if this is the wrong statute number on the ticket, i can't seem to find it anywhere, i even spent time on the government website looking through statutes
That's covered in 39:4-123 or -124 (I'm not going to look it up again, but it's either the same or preceding paragraph).

The ticket is just a notice. If you go to court:

1. The charge can be amended to what it actually should have been (if indeed the ticket was an error).

2. Even if they dismiss that charge, the fact that you made the wide turn is still probable cause to stop you and you'll not get the subsequent discovery of your illegal possession thrown out.

FlyingRon

It occurs to me that you are probably mistaking the officer's way of making a "4" as "11" if you substitute the 4 for 11 in your number you get 39:4-124 which is the proper failed to maintain the marked course (stay in lane) during the turn.

chromalux

thank u flyingron, i really appreciate your helping me, guess i'm just going to talk to the prosecutor and maybe a couple friends and see if they can let me off a little easy it being my first time and all

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">