• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UA possesion in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dave90

I am 16 and Last night I was charged with underage possession in North Carolina. It was the last day of exams and my buddy and I went out to have a few beers. We parked and left the case in his trunk. I had a beer and a half and he had less than a beer. What punishment should I expect for this charge? I have tried to research the state laws but haven't found much helpful information. By the way this is the first legal trouble I have been in.

FlyingRon

Minors age 18 or younger: Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of 1-45 days or fine set at the court’s discretion or both. Minimum sentence: probation with a fine of $250 and at least 25 hours of community service.

Minors age 19 or 20: Class 3 misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment up to 10 days and/or a fine up to $200.

Minors who aid and abet: Class 2 misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment up to 30 days and/or a fine up to $1,000.

Revocation of driver’s license for 1 year for a minor aiding and abetting or if violation occurred while purchasing or attempting to purchase an alcoholic beverage. Revocations for different offenses can be cumulative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">