• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keg in trunk without keg permit, WA State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fairbanksmorse

What is the name of your state? Washington

Keg in my trunk without a keg permit within 5 feet, rented legally. I am just wondering how I should proceed with this. I've never even had a ticket in my life and this would be my first anything, a potential gross misdameanor.

Thanks for everyones help BTW.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Washington

Keg in my trunk without a keg permit that I got from my friend(a now bankrupt formerly legal business). I am just wondering how I should proceed with this. I've never even had a ticket in my life and this would be my first anything, a potential gross misdameanor.
I assume it had beer in it?

I'd recommend a lawyer.

racer72

What statute is listed on the citataion? I buy a couple kegs a year for family gatherings and have never heard of a keg permit.

FlyingRon

What statute is listed on the citataion? I buy a couple kegs a year for family gatherings and have never heard of a keg permit.
It's stuck to the keg. It's the form you sign that says you won't serve any minors with your keg.

WAC-314-02-115

fairbanksmorse

Everything was done legally its just that the tag that is suppose to be within 5 feet was more than 5 feet away. He wrote me up as a rcw 66.28.200.2 but that is about responsibilities of the seller and i am the buyer which would be under 66.28.210. Does that make a difference?

FlyingRon

It's not 5 feet anymore I believe. The tag MUST BE ATTACHED to the KEG at all times. If you really had the permit, I'd go to the hearing or court or whatever and just plead honest stupidity. I'm not sure what the "bankrupt friend" had to do with it.

lwpat

Normally the wrong statute on the ticket would be a cause for dismissal. The officer usually does not show in WA state so you could ask for dismissal on those grounds. How did the officer know the keg was in the trunk to start with or was it partially open?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">