• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wet wreckless then suspended license charge then one more.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Disco

What is the name of your state? California

A little over a year ago I got a wet and wreckless for blowing a .08 At that time I was having a very difficult time as far as life goes and working and of course transportation after that. At the very end of my last month of having my license suspended I got pulled over with a suspended license. I missed my court date for that and got really scared and never went back to court. Then last night (in a different county) I got pulled over and my car was towed for driving on a suspended license and essentially having warrants for failure to appear/pay. If I can show the county, where my car is, a valid license i can get my car out before the 30 days is up on the impound. What are my chances if I went into court first thing monday and owned up to my fines that they would give me a restricted license? Seeing as how they probably wouldn't have processed the suspended license charge from yesterday cuz it was in a different county???

garrula lingua

You have a warrant out for a VC14601.2 which has a mandatory 10 days in county jail and a 300 fine (total about 900).
That first court will remand you (arrest) at court, given the FTA.

In the second court, you have what is a second 14601.2 which has a mandatory 30 days county jail and usually 500 fine (1500 total). That charging Prosecutor should see the prior; you may get away with two firsts if they don't check the rap sheet and confer with the other county.

Your chance of getting a restricted license is zero.
Your chance of being taken into custody is 99%.

You have to take care of this. In all counties, you get 50% credit on custody, so you'd do a max of 5 days on a 10 day sentence. You can elect to do an additional 10 days jail for the 300 fine.
In L.A. county, you'll do one to two days on a ten day sentence.

If you are incorrectly charged with 14601.1a, there's no county jail on the first and only ten days on the second.

Just clear up the charges; as soon as you get the car, you can be stopped again, and again. Why keep this monkey on your back ??

garrula lingua

But if you have a note from your doctor... :D:p
That's ridiculous !!

OP better show that he was in a coma for the entire period during which he didn't report in person or by phone/mail.

Most Judges will get angrier at stupid maneuvers like that & impose a greater amount of jail time.

What court do you practice in ????

pp2006

This is not a court. What the hell you JUDGES doing here anyway.

Scare people so they run to Attorneys and pay thru their nose. The advertisements are on the right always.

Are you judges paid by this also?

garrula lingua

This is not a court. What the hell you JUDGES doing here anyway.

Scare people so they run to Attorneys and pay thru their nose. The advertisements are on the right always.

Are you judges paid by this also?

How old are you ???? My guess is 10 yo.

You are ignorant and have contributed nothing in your postings; you are barely coherent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">