• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft Dismissing charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xstazt

What is the name of your state? SD.

I recently jumped into a car that had the keys in it and drove off. Needless to say I got busted. I believe I stayed within in the "County". I filled up on gas and got a car wash and the police were waiting when I arrived at DQ to have a chicken basket. Ehhhhhhh. Stupid. I'm 19 first offense and I was charged with grand theft; impersonation; and receiving stolen vehicle. I wanted to know what my chances are for either Joyriding, dropping the other 2, probation/parol and hopefully a complete avoidance of being thrown in prison for the some of the best yrs of my possible life. An over 2000 model of car.

Some Random Guy

I recently jumped into a car that had the keys in it and drove off.

I filled up on gas and got a car wash
Not enough time for an oil change before you got busted?

You need a lawyer on this. Its a felony and you really don't want that. Your chances for a good deal depend on the totality of the fact, the quality of your lawyer, your prior record and your behavior with the police.

Why were the police waiting for you at the DQ? Also, what's the story with the impersonation charge?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Why were the police waiting for you at the DQ?
Because Krispy Kreme was closed. Hyuk hyuk hyuk. Sorry, Carl.

Also, what's the story with the impersonation charge?
Yeah, I want to hear this.

OP, it certainly sounds like it was just some random stranger's car, but please confirm that. It actually kinda matters, depending.

CdwJava

Clt747 said:
Because Krispy Kreme was closed. Hyuk hyuk hyuk. Sorry, Carl.
For the record, I hate Krispy Kreme ... yecch! :p

I prefer Winchells, but there just are not too many of them any more - and certainly NONE in my town.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">