• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardian lies in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littleme33

What is the name of your state? Florida

My Grandmother was appointed an guardian by the state, the guardian transfers my grandmother to another co. Guardian wants to sell her property, BUT my uncle lied to my grandmother, and got her to sign a quick claim deed. Because of this I was contesting the sell of the property. Property was sold anyway, but ordered to put the monies from of house in seperate account....Meanwhile the guardian gets guardianship over my uncle. The guardian ask judge to release the funds on hold to help take care of my uncle (95,000 is what the house sold for) but she is telling judge it sold for 74,000. So the order was to pay all claims and then split the rest. My uncle got 37,000 and the other 37,000 went to my grandmothers estate. Since my grandmother's estate was in probate in the other co. the guardian proceeds on to the probate court and says the money is to be split again?? Can she do this??? We have been lied to from the beginning from this guardian over and over again!! From the day she was appointed to the day my grandmother died. She lied on court documents, lied about court dates and times, and how she got the guardianship over my uncle was against the law, there is so much more but I don't know who to go to about this? PLEASE HELP

BlondiePB

Ark-Dar

What is the name of your state? Florida

My Grandmother was appointed an guardian by the state, the guardian transfers my grandmother to another co. Guardian wants to sell her property, BUT my uncle lied to my grandmother, and got her to sign a quick claim deed. Because of this I was contesting the sell of the property. Property was sold anyway, but ordered to put the monies from of house in seperate account....Meanwhile the guardian gets guardianship over my uncle. The guardian ask judge to release the funds on hold to help take care of my uncle (95,000 is what the house sold for) but she is telling judge it sold for 74,000. So the order was to pay all claims and then split the rest. My uncle got 37,000 and the other 37,000 went to my grandmothers estate. Since my grandmother's estate was in probate in the other co. the guardian proceeds on to the probate court and says the money is to be split again?? Can she do this??? We have been lied to from the beginning from this guardian over and over again!! From the day she was appointed to the day my grandmother died. She lied on court documents, lied about court dates and times, and how she got the guardianship over my uncle was against the law, there is so much more but I don't know who to go to about this? PLEASE HELP
You posted about this with a different user name a while back.

Care to explain how a guardian can sell a ward's property without the "blessing" of the court/judge?

littleme33

guardian lies in florida

And yes you are right about the screen name, had to change it. Anyways....the guardian did have the "blessing" from the court, but she done all of it "BEFORE" the court gave her the blessing!! She sold the house for 95,000 (money put on hold) she ask the judge to release those funds to her for the support of my uncle, and she ask for 95,000. But yet when she finds out that the money will split all sudden the price drops from 95,000 to 74,000. Money has been split 34,000 to my uncle and 37,000 to the estate of my grandmother. So where is that extra 6,000?? Even though the money has been split, now she wants to split again in the probate court, can she do this??

BlondiePB

And yes you are right about the screen name, had to change it. Anyways....the guardian did have the "blessing" from the court, but she done all of it "BEFORE" the court gave her the blessing!! She sold the house for 95,000 (money put on hold) she ask the judge to release those funds to her for the support of my uncle, and she ask for 95,000. But yet when she finds out that the money will split all sudden the price drops from 95,000 to 74,000. Money has been split 34,000 to my uncle and 37,000 to the estate of my grandmother. So where is that extra 6,000?? Even though the money has been split, now she wants to split again in the probate court, can she do this??
The court had to issue court orders for all this, including the sale and amount of the house.

littleme33

guardian lies in florida

I know all that, the judge ok the sale for 95,000, but HOW & WHY are they only splitting 74,000 and not the whole 95,000?? And how can she go before the probate court and ask for the money to split again?? This guardian's lawyer would sometimes send us court dates, but the time would be wrong, it would say 10:00 am, but it was for really 9:00 am? The last time we went to court, it was for 2 days, the 29th and the 30th. we got notice for court on the 30th but not the 29the. I look up case on the court site and seen that it was really for 2 days. So I went the 29th and they were really shock to see me walk in there. Then on the 30th I show up for court (the day they sent me the notice for) and the judges assistant tells me there is no court for today because it was settle yesterday, the 29th. To me it looks like they knew what they were doing by sending me the wrong court date, knowing I would not show on the 29th, but for the 30th, cause that is what the notice said and every thing.

BlondiePB

I know all that, the judge ok the sale for 95,000, but HOW & WHY are they only splitting 74,000 and not the whole 95,000?? And how can she go before the probate court and ask for the money to split again?? This guardian's lawyer would sometimes send us court dates, but the time would be wrong, it would say 10:00 am, but it was for really 9:00 am? The last time we went to court, it was for 2 days, the 29th and the 30th. we got notice for court on the 30th but not the 29the. I look up case on the court site and seen that it was really for 2 days. So I went the 29th and they were really shock to see me walk in there. Then on the 30th I show up for court (the day they sent me the notice for) and the judges assistant tells me there is no court for today because it was settle yesterday, the 29th. To me it looks like they knew what they were doing by sending me the wrong court date, knowing I would not show on the 29th, but for the 30th, cause that is what the notice said and every thing.
Court orders are very specific that include directives for the guardian. Should circumstances arise and the court order cannot be followed exactly "to the letter," the guardian HAS to obtain an Amended Court Order. The petition for the amended court order must state the circumstances why an amendment is needed.

Your issues cannot be solved on the internet. Hire an attorney who can review the guardianship files.

BlondiePB

wHAT KIND OF LAWYER SHOULD I GET? THE LAWYER WE HAVE HAD FROM THE BEGINNING SEES ALL THE WRONG DOING OF THE GUARDIAN'S LAWYER, BUT HE ACTS LIKE HE IS SCARD TO DO ANYTHING BECAUSE (GUARDIAN'S LAWYER) IS A VERY WELL KNOWN LAWYER. HER LAWYER HAS EVEN LIED TO MY LAWYER ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS! THE PROBATE LAWYER MADE THE COMMENT ABOUT ALL THE WRONG DOING FROM THE GUARDIAN'S LAWYER. DO I GO TO THE FLORIDA BAR ABOUT THE LAWYERS ETHIC'S OR WHAT? THANKS ALOT FOR THE ADVICE
Why are you SHOUTING/YELLING? :eek:

All caps is yelling/shouting & I won't read it. Please edit your post or post again without shouting.

littleme33

guardian lies in florida

sorry if you thought I was yelling or shouting. My keyboard was messing up, had to get a new one, please read my post, not sure how to edit or I would. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">