• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

could I be charged?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kpantzke

What is the name of your state? MN
Ok, last summer my boyfriend and I got into an argument, he left and had a night of hard drinking while I stayed home with our baby. He came to my apartment (we were not living together) at 5am and asked if he could sleep there. He was really drunk and I told him no. He had let himself into my apartment with a key I did not know he had made. He went into the living room and layed down on my couch- I followed him and kicked him in the back and tried to pull him out of the apartment. His jeans ripped, we started arguing, he tried to 'bear hug' me to calm me down, I sprayed him with mace, took his cell, locked myself in the bathroom, called 911, he pushed the door in, took his phone, and left. I called the police again made a statement and he was arrested. Now he is going to trial next month and he is facing felony, interference with a 911 call, criminal damage to property, burglery, and some kind of assault. I did not want all of this to happen... I did not know this would happen if I called the police. I just wanted to make a statement to piss him off because I was mad at him... Is there anything I can do to help his case? We have a daughter together that has special need- numerous therapies every week, I need him at home to help me with her. If convicted of these things, I know he could go to jail. How do I stop this? Any advice??? Thanks in advance!

kpantzke

So my real question was that if I told the court that I lied about that night- could I get into trouble for lying?- I mean charged with anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">