• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Possession of Alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imagine

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Over memorial day weekend, my parents went away for a church retreat and let me stay home, and i had a few friends over. I invited about 10-15 people over and it was going fine until about 10pm, random people i didnt know showed up with alcohol, i guess they got word that there were no parents home. I didnt want to get in trouble so i told them to leave, i didnt want alcohol in the house because Im under 21, I am 18. A few of them left but a few of them stayed, by then there were about 23 people there and we were being pretty noisy. Cops came to my house at around 11:30pm. they asked me a bunch of questions and i was being cooperative, and they asked if there was alcohol in the house, and i said yes, that some kids i didnt know brought it over. then the cops told me to stay put, and they told my friends to tell people to run. they breathalized a bunch of kids and arrested about.. 5 people for underage drinking, they were all over 18 and under 21. they never came back to my house to talk to me, and i didnt hear anything from the cops until a few days ago when i got a citation in the mail for possession of alcohol. i got a fine for 421 and i have a license suspension for 90 days. i went to the court and paid the fine and told them that i want to plead not guilty. the lady said i would get my court date in the mail. My parents are friends with a lawyer and he told my parents to make me plead not guilty, and he said he would try to be there one the court date..

i didnt buy the alcohol, drink the alcohol, or want it at my house and told people to leave, but it was on my property but not inside my house, and i have witnessess, what are the chances i can win the case?
also, i have neverr been involved with anything with the cops or the court system, what is going to happen when i go?
will i have a pretrail?
also, are they going to have me bring witnesses?
and if my chances are slim for winning the case, do you think they'll let me go with something smaller, like disorderly conduct since it was noisy?
i've heard alot about diversion programs, in PA will they offer me one?
if i said i plead not guilty, can still do a plea bargain? and what does a plea bargain entail?
lastly, i dont know the kids who brought the alcohol at all, will the court ask me their names? since i dont know any of them, whats gonna happen?
are they going to bring the kids that got arrested into my case?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">