• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worker's Comp/Death Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BDOLL58

My son received Death Benefits from his father's employer since the age of 3 yrs. His father was killed on the job in Missouri. Once my son reached the age of 18 yrs. we had to inform the Work Comp Div of his plans. Prior to this I had viewed info on the net and received info from one of the Benefits advisors on my sons eligibility and chices. What I found and was told,was that if my son decided to either go to college or the ARMED FORCES full time...he would continue to receive these benefits until his 23 rd birthday. Okay for my son this was $510.00 for 4 years( he's 19 yrs old now) My son joined the Army with the understanding he would receive these checks, I personally contatcted his rep via phone and mail with the enlistment papers showing proof of his military enlistment. My son recieved checks for Oct, Nov & Dec...yesterday I get a letter in the mail to the effect that the company had made a mistake and misinterpreted the eligibility and that he would NO LONGER receive checks from them. I do not have the exact verbage but will supply it later. Someone PLEASE HELP ME! I know there is no way this company can do this to my son...NOT LEGALLY! I can not recall which website I found the Death benefits for Missouri on...but it clearly stated the Armed Forces info. If you find it please let me know. I would appreciate anything you can help me with. Thanks,
BDOLL58

L

lcn72267

Instead of looking for Workmans Comp Death Benefits, try looking under Social Security Death Benefits for children.It is my understanding that after a certain amount of time, it goes to Social security Benefits. There is a page for that listed as: Social Security Administration- Benefits for Children. Maybe you can contact someone there to answer your questions. I am sorry for your loss, and I hope this helps a little.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">