• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BarbieMGa

What is the name of your state? Georgia
I was charged with identity theft...i was arrested and made bond...i went to court on wed. and they said there was a venue problem and my case was dismissed in the county i live in...i was using a public defender and he told me the other county could pick this case up and i could be arrested and the whole thing could start over...how long does the other county have to charge me with this and how can i find out if im going to be arrested again? or do i just have to wait on them to come and arrest me...i feel like a sitting duck and im not sure what to do...if anyone could please help i would be greatful.

FlyingRon

I don't know what the charge was or what the exact statute of limitations is, but it's going to be at least two years, probably 4-10.
And that's the time they have to arrest/charge you (commence prosecution).

You'll just have to wait and see if the prosecutors in the county that really has jurisdiction wish to pursue this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">