• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goforthe

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My father died a year ago. He and his wife (my stepmom) bought a house 6 months before he died. He was suffering from cancer and he didn't know at the time. The deed was revised in March 06, while he was sick at the time and probably on meds and pain pills (not sure about that), leaving right of ownership to his wife. Before he died he told his children that when they died the house was to be auctioned off and the money was to be split 4 ways between their children, or if one of us wanted the house we were to buy the others out. Nothing was said about if one dies. My stepmom now has told us she sold the house to her daughter. Everything she has done since my fathers death has seemed shady. The will and deed were revised almost 3 months before his death, while he was sick. She hasn't probated the will. She moved to SC, sold the house to her daughter, she is now living with in SC. We got all the sentimental things of low money value and she sold everything of value, whether it be sentimental to us or not, she didnt seem to care. I believe she is trying to get over on us so when she passes we will be left with nothing, and everything to her daughter. She seems to be a money hungry woman and she will do whatever she can to leave us out. If we probate and contest the will can we be entitled to anything. I dont want my fathers house to be sold but if it is she shouldnt be allowed to deceive us and his final wishes, by cutting us out.

Dandy Don

What is the value of the home and is there still a mortgage on it?

What would be the total value of the man's estate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">