• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment by fellow employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lisa2

Hello all!

I am from Rhode Island.

I am new to this forum. I kind of found it by accident, but I am glad that I did:)

I am SO confused! Last Friday, A fellow employee came up to me (after hours) and told me that She had yelled at "someone"....( a felloiw worker) for making fun of my weight. I am overweight, and a week ago I fell at work while walking on the icy parking lot. I was not hurt. I guess that the person who said this, was saying something about my weight, and me falling on the ice.

Anyway, the Lady wouldn't tell me who said it. I am VERY upset, and have been litterly sick over this sence Friday. I couldn't go into work yesterday, because I was so sick (nerves), and all that I did today at work was cry!

My superviser knows about this, as does the President of the company. "They just want to sweep it under the rug", and forget it ever happened. I want to know if I have any legal rights here?????/

Can anyone help me out?????

Thanks in advance,
Lisa2

[Edited by Lisa2 on 01-17-2001 at 05:51 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">