• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Fraud Penalties/Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois I was involved in a serious auto accident a few months ago. The man who was driving is a member of the military-I mention this because he was not supposed to be in another state at the time of this accident. The car he was driving was purchased 'As Is' for $1500. just a few weeks prior in yet another state. At the time of the accident, he had not changed the title to his name, applied for plates in Illinois, and had no insurance on it. As the other driver was at fault, he submitted claims to the other drivers insurance company. They offered him $2,200. as the car was totalled. He refused their offer, submitting receipts claiming he had personally made many modifications to the car (previous owner's husband is a professional mechanic) as well as repairs. None of it was true. In the end, they sent him a check for a total of $5,800 just for the car. Additionally, he hired an attorney to represent him and asked him to represent me as well. I found this out after contacting the insurance agent and asking what she needed from me regarding my medical records and bills. She said she had already received my medical release form in the mail. He had dated it, blacked out large portions of it, and named medical facilities I had never been to. I informed her I had not submitted it. They sent me a copy of the one they had received and another one for me to sign. My mother tells me she thinks he is guilty of insurance fraud. I am only 18, so do not know who I need to inform to let them know. I fired the attorney whom I had never personally hired and told him what was going on, but nothing came of it. I need advice. As he is in the military, I wonder if I should inform them also. I do not want to be involved in anything illegal, and am no longer involved with this man since learning this. He is profiting off of things that are not true-seeing a chiropractor for months when only his hand was injured? He works everyday, and it involves heavy lifting/physical activity. I want to know what to do to make this right.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">