• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking Story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

darko

Wisconsin

Alright last night I was at a graduation party, and the parents had supplied a barrel of beer for their son and his friends. This is wrong I know, it happens a lot this time of year around here, but thats not really the point. The house and garage are not connected and the father was in the house and his mother was inside the garage keeping on an eye on some of the kids. A little bit later me and a friend make our way to the fire and sit down to finish our drinks before going back to the garage.
This is when the fun began. I get up to go back to the garage and I see a cop talking to my friends. I think great..., and go back and sit down by the fire again. After he's done taking to them he comes and gets me and my friend and I give him my I.D so he can write his citation for my underage drinking ticket. While he calls for another unit for a PBT, I asked why he decided to bust us tonight and why we were the unlucky ones tonight. He couldn't give me an answer, but finally said he ran the plates of the cars on the road and said they came back with a lot of "88s and 89s". He was referring to the age of the drivers of the vehicles. I guess he checked whose insured on the vehicle? Not sure how he figured it out.
During this time, the kids and mother inside the garage locked themselves inside and the father did the samething inside the house with some other kids. During the time he's talking to us, a kid from inside the house comes outside sees whats going on and just goes back inside, the cop didn't say anything. I asked him if there was a noise complaint and if we just shut everything down and went to bed if he could please leave, but obviously thats not going to work. Was just trying to get on his good graces, lol. So they told us just to cooperate and they would figure everything out. Already having 2 previous underages, I know it's just something they say to keep everyone calm, so I'm telling all my friends were not getting off after we all admitted and were going to have to take the breathalyzer.
So I was just pretty much wondering if vehicles parked on the city is means for him to walk onto the property and "accidentally" discover this party in the back yard. Later we were talking to him about the vehicles, only one of us having one there, parked 3 houses down. He said you're not allowed to be parked on the road and the vehicles will be towed, but I've done it before and all you get is a 5 dollar parking ticket, they would never tow your vehicle. And would like to add, this is my third underage within a year, so I know the judge is not going to take pity on me and I'm not looking for it, but I was just wondering for my friends because one of them blew a .01 and it was his first. Any help would be appreciated

darko

Yea, I figured everything was done right. Just thought it was weird how his excuse from busting it was because there were vehicles on the road that belonged to people under the age of 21 that could have been at any house. And theres no noise complaint or anything for him to investigate. Oh well, and does anyone know if they revoke your license after 3 underages? This is just what I'm mostly worried about, but it seems like every town/city/county does this differently so it's difficult to know what is going to happen. Thanks again.

darko

Maybe I wrote it wrong, but It was not my graduation party. It was a friend of mine's. His parents were hiding and the police made no attempt to get them to come outside by knocking on the door or making a call. The police officer did seem to know the house though, he asked if it was somebody's girlfriends house and it was. So I take it he knew whose house it was, it is a very small community I live in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">