• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police injustus?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

michaela-49

I live in Washington State. My Wife was recently arrested and booked into jail. She is Vietnamese and speaks very little English. She is very allergic to beef and chicken. She suffered a severe allergic reaction with a rash and boils from eating this food for 3 days while in jail. She had an interpreter at the booking but was not asked if she had any medical problems or needed to take any medication. When she seen the food, she looked at it and was told everyone eats the same food. I am told I can do nothing about this problem, only if she goes back to jail she will not be fed these foods. I need to take my Wife to a doctor for treatment, I want the County to pay for treatment. Is their reason here for a lawsuit?
Another problem: My Wife has only been in the US for 11 months. She knows little of the laws here. I was told by the arresting officer this problem (DV) could be handled as a learning experience and considered a cultural difference. It is considered OK in Vietnam for a Wife to unburden herself on her Husband, the Husband allows this, being the stronger sex, they then go on to be happy. This case is now being handled as a full-blowen DV case. I only wanted my Wife to understand this is not allowed in America. I just wanted it to stop before it escalated. I am now told the State of Washington does not recognize cultural differences. I am also told the arresting officer needed to make a written statement of his words to me or they would be worthless. I am aware of the video and audio monitoring at the police station and assumed our conversation was on tape. I did not know I needed a signed statement from the officer. Am I to believe an officer can lie when making an arrest? None of this seems fair to me. Are the courts telling me the truth? Is their anything I can do?

M

michaela-49

I have been reading the House Bill in Washington Legislator "Bill ESHB 2337". It states during booking the arresting officer must ask if a person has any medical problems. My Wife states she was not asked this question by her interpreter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">