• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car title question in probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

geohurl

What is the name of your state? California
I have been named administrator in my son's estate. He owned a car I would like to drive/own. His father is entitled to 1/2 of my son's assets (even though my son wrote a will stating he wanted me to have everything, his will is deemed invalid because he did not have two witnesses). If I do not sell the car the title will be in my name and his fathers name t the conclusion of the probate. At that point I want to offer his dad $ to go off the title because I don't want to have to pay him RETAIL or a high price as private party cars are selling rather low in my area. Can I do this? or do I have to sell the car or pay him one half of the court appointed appraisal value for the car. Please give me some advice as to what my options are.
Thank you!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">