• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

POA and Health care proxy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bowhntr

What is the name of your state? NY
My mom wants to sign a POA & health proxy to avoid any difficulties in the event of her illness. Are the forms you can purchase & download from the internet valid & legitimate? Her affairs are straightforward so it would be feasible for us to help her fill them out properly. Thank you!

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state? NY
My mom wants to sign a POA & health proxy to avoid any difficulties in the event of her illness. Are the forms you can purchase & download from the internet valid & legitimate? Her affairs are straightforward so it would be feasible for us to help her fill them out properly. Thank you!
If your mom is competent, why would she need help?

bowhntr

I guess my question was too difficult for you to answer based on the reply you posted. All I wanted to know was the legitimacy of on-line legal forms.

Ozark_Sophist

I would ask the hospital where she most likely would be taken if they forms. That's what my wife and I did. Then we submitted copies for our file.

lwpat

Some states have different requirements so just be sure you get a form for your state and file the POA.

BlondiePB

I guess my question was too difficult for you to answer based on the reply you posted. All I wanted to know was the legitimacy of on-line legal forms.
Nope...just doing a reality check here on the legitimacy of mom's competence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">