• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violate probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Aliciamb40

My 15 year old son got into trouble over the summer with some other boys. He admitted to his crime and served some time in a detention center. He was out on probation. We were told to have no contact with the victim. One day he and I were driving down the road and he saw the victim walking on the sidewalk. He flipped the victim the middle finger. A few weeks later we received a summons for him to appear in court. The charge was criminal contempt -disobedinc. Neither I nor his probation officer knew why at the time. When we went to court we found out that the victim pressed charges for my son flipping her the middle finger. We were told that this was a violation of his probation. For this my son now has to serve at least 30 days in a level 5 program. At the time we were told that no contact meant that we are not to talk to the victim or have contact with them. Now that my son is incarcerated we have learned that no contact means that if we were in a restaurant and the victim came in, we would have to leave, if we were at a social function and the victim was there we would have to leave. If on the same sidewalk, we would have to move. Does this not violate any of our rights? Is this charge and my sons penalty right? I could not afford a lawyer and the public defenders office told me that they could not help me. This summer thing was the only trouble my son ever got into (including school).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">