• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Waived prelim hearing...what now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needadvice1963

PA
I recently waived my right to a prelim hearing in PA. The officer was fine with recommendation for the ARD program as was the judge. I haven't had even a traffic ticket before this lack of judgement. I was given a court date in August , but the judge said I will hear about the ARD program before that and if so, will not have to attend the hearing.
My question is, whats next? My lawyer, which turns out was a waste of money, is MIA.
If I get accepted into ARD and hear about it before August, when does it start? When will I hear about any license suspension and when can I expect it to start? My BAC was .12 when I was stopped.
Thanks.

You'll more than likely get a letter accepting you into ARD between now and August. You will have two court dates. One briefing you on the program,payment of fines,etc. and a week later where you're formally entered. That's when you get started on your penalties,suspension,eval,and so forth. Now you just wait and be patient.

needadvice1963

Ah yes, patience.....I'm learning that thru this whole process. Obviously, I am struggling with that!
Will the court dates be very soon after acceptance, or will a period of time pass?

if i remember correctly, you said you were in cumberland county. I'm guessing the august date would be the arraignment provided you weren't accepted into ARD. In four weeks or something like that you should get a letter excusing you from that. Then two months after that you should get information/acceptance about your court dates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">