• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

everythingcusto

What is the name of your state? Oregon

17 years ago I was in Mclaren school for boys, I was 17 almost 18. I was released to a half way house and shortly after I ran away, while on the run I took a car that was not mine and was caught and arrested, I had just turned 18. While I was in clackamas county jail Mclaren school came and picked me up for running away, I spent 3 days there and then was released because I was 18.... what I didnt think about is the theft charges still pending. What can I do now without turning myself in ? I live in TN and Im married and have 2 kids and a good job, Is this my only option ?

sjmjuly

Are you sure there are charges still pending? Were charges ever filed in the first place? You were only 17 at the time and still a minor so that's in your favor. Funny how we do stupid things when we are a kid and don't think how they might affect us in the future,,,,
If I were you I would contact an attorney in Oregon that specializes in criminal law and ask him. Chances are you will be able to clean this up without any issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">