• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court restricted license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

Hey guys it has been a while. I was wondering if anyone knew about court restrictions on licenses. Once the day that the restriction is over what happens? Are you basically able to drive freely? Do you have to replace your DL because there are "court restrictions" listed on the license?

Thank you for your time,

TYRIS

What is the name of your state? CA

Hey guys it has been a while. I was wondering if anyone knew about court restrictions on licenses. Once the day that the restriction is over what happens? Are you basically able to drive freely? Do you have to replace your DL because there are "court restrictions" listed on the license?

Thank you for your time,

-Contact DMV once your restrictions are over. That way you make sure that the are taken off your license. You should be good to drive wherever once the restrictions are lifted but contact DMV first.

Tyris

garrula lingua

It depends on what the restriction was for & whether the court advised DMV.

What was the restriction for ?
Speeding over 100 or other traffic violation, or mj/drug possession or reckless driving or DUI ?

What was the restriction for ?
possesion of alcohol.

& whether the court advised DMV.
DMV was advised because DMV issued me the restricted license. I have DMV papers that do say the restriction is until said date. I should be able to drive so long as I carry that paper? It may appear on DMV's records until I call, but can an officer deny an official DMV paper?

garrula lingua

Check with DMV when the restriction should be over. Make sure your DL is clear.

If a cop runs you and it shows a restricted DL, s/he can ticket you for driving in violation of the restricted (basicall, driving on a suspended license).
The issue is, the cop may not know if you are driving from school, program, or work (or whatever the restriction allows).
S/He can ticket you, the Prosecutor can charge you, and your defense is your proof that you were driving to/from one of the allowed activities.

Check with DMV to ensure the restriction has been lifted/expired.

Caveman

contact Paris she knows what to do. Okay, so that was a suspended license.

If you are pulled over they run the lic # if Sacremento has you clean you are clean, but you should go to the DMV and get your new license updated anyway. If you have the paper that says that all restrictions are dropped then you are clean in the "system". If you just cleared your classes or whatever you are not just "good"

A couple friends of mine told me this, Lionel his daughter and Mel.. I mean Mex From Aust.. I mean Texas have some inside scoops. :eek:

I myself do not drive, never learned how, but I hear you can get a DUI even if you are on a skateboard and I have recently taken that up and I love my Pacifico so I better be careful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">