• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unde the table case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carla337

My husband had a great case (according to our lawyer) because he fell off the roof while at work, injured himself with damages of $5000 in medical bills. He was "under the table" so the employer's case was that my husband was not working for him. My husband co-worker and the home owner are both witnesses that my husband was working for him. We were suing for only medical bills! The employer had no workers comp insurance and this case has been dragging in courts for over a year. We finally got a court hearing and meanwhile the employer filed for bankruptcy (he is turning everything over to this childrens names). My lawyer states we can not do anything else unless I agree to pay him $1500 to defend us in his bankruptcy hearing! We do not have that kind of money so the lawyer wiped his hands. What can I do???????? Anything??? I hate to see the employer get away with what he is doing to my husband, he is also threatening to have my husbands family deported as some of them are here illegilaly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">