• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mathena

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jack Mathena and back in early 1994 I was issued a speeding ticket. I went court and the Judge ordered me to go to a driving class. I was told that I would be mailed information on where to go and the time I was supposed to be there. About a month and a half went by and I never received any letters so I went to the DMV to see what the delay was. They told me that the paper work would arrive shortly, but it never did. I was in college at the time so I never got another chance to go back to the DMV. Later that year
My family and I moved and no mail was ever forwarded about the date and time for the driving class. I forgot all about the class as time went on and two months ago I was pulled over for speeding, the first time since 1994. I found out that my license had been suspended for two month’s and I was never sent a notice. I wasn’t arrested but the police officer said I could have been. I called the DMV and they said a letter was mailed to my old address in 1996 but was returned. My question to you is do I need a lawyer or should I defend myself. If I need a lawyer what type of documents do I need to win my case. I’m looking at a year in jail and a lot fines. I would appreciate any help you could give.

Sincerely,
Jack Mathena,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">