• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small estate claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wihake

What is the name of your state? NY

My mother recently passed away without a will. The only asset she had was a co-op apartment, the resale of which I initiated using a POA before she died. The value of the resale is under $10,000 which is to be divided among her 5 children. In order to receive the monies and distribute to my siblings, I am planning to file as the adminsitrator of her estate and have completed an affidavit for voluntary administration. I have all the pertinent documents but there is one document that I am not sure I need to include. The instructions call for an "affidavit of no probate". Do I need to include this affidavit or is this only required if she had had a will?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">