• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mother died with no will! Help please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

addictedpeach

What is the name of your state? Florida

My mother died on Aug. 20, 2005 with no will. She had three daughters and I'm the youngest at 26. I was living with my mother during her final years and I am still living in her house now. Her estate consists of only this piece of property with mobile home on it which I doubt is worth more than $75,000. I have been making mortgage payments and property tax payments since before she died. Her name is on the quitclaim deed and my name is on the mortgage deed. I would like to know how I can get the title in my name and ensure that the property can't be turned over to my sisters in any way. They said they have no interest in the property but things change and since I have been making payments I believe that the property should be mine and only mine. I have not proceeded with probate as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated-Thanks :confused:

Dandy Don

Proceed with probate, consult with a probate attorney, and the personal representative of the estate can ask the other siblings to sign a quitclaim deed giving up their rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">