• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocation Starts When

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Simple_Indian

What is the name of your state? New York

Does the Revocation of license start at the date of conviction or date of sentencing ?
I just plead guilty to my charges yesterday. Does my revocation start yesterday or
at the time of sentencing in september :confused: ?

seniorjudge

Unless your license has already been taken away, you will get a letter from the OPL bureaucrats saying, "Send yo OPL, dude!"

BL

What is the name of your state? New York

Does the Revocation of license start at the date of conviction or date of sentencing ?
I just plead guilty to my charges yesterday. Does my revocation start yesterday or
at the time of sentencing in September :confused: ?

What did the Judge say ?

I have seen Court Judges take the license right then and there in the court room .

Anyway , if it's unclear , do not drive , you know revocation is part of the sentence , and call DMV to inquire .

S

Simple_Indian

Already Taken

The cops took away my license the night I was arrested in December'06.

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

You may want to try to get a clarification from the DMV. I'm sure you've tried this already, but you may want to give it another go. Try to work your way up the pole some; try some research into finding the administrative office and keep asking until you get someone who understands this part of the process. Expect to spend some hours on the phone, but don't bother going to your neighborhood license office.

outonbail

The cops took away my license the night I was arrested in December'06.
Then you were breaking the law every time you drove from that night on. It may not have been officially suspended, but you're not supposed to drive without having you're license in you're possession, which you could not have done, since the night the police took it from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">